marielouise

marielouise

Seize the Night - Sherrilyn Kenyon This is the book that forever shatters the Dark Hunter world...

Wow the plot was Amazing...it was mix with a lot of actions and romance, and they didn't overlap each other...problems arises in just a snap yet they were solve too, it would leave your heart ache for the characters and some went crushing along, it made me cry to many times in the book and the romance squeal I'm so happy with the story so much!

"...I guess I feel like all of us misfits need to hang together. At least that way we don't swing alone."

Velerius and Tabitha are the perfect yin and yang couple, they are opposites yet they are perfect for each other. For me they are the best couple in the series...it wasn't insta lust not even instant love yet there was an attraction between them gahh call it sexual tension, with all the stolen kisses sigh I love every moment of it...They met when Tabitha was fighting the Daimons(soul sucking vampires), when Valerius tried to help her, she didn't notice that he was not one them, because of the fangs lol:) so at first they fight with words as no one wants to back down, they tend to agree to disagree but Val always surrender though, he's just sweet... tenderness and caring shows to both characters and you can't help but fall in love with them both.

"I'm an acquired taste. Most of my best friends had to know me for years before they could even stand my presence. I'm like mold, I usually grow on
you very slowly."

Tabitha(twin sister of Amanda) is such a "character". With a free spirit, she doesn't follow any rules nor listens to others, but she's one compassionate person who is ALWAYS there in times of need heck she even feed the homeless, she's always there to remind Val that someone cares for him too, she feels other people's emotions...I want to grab her from the book and give her a big cute hug:)

...she was amusing and charming in a most unexpected way...Brazen temptress, vampire slayer, complete uncouth lunatic woman that she was.

There were no boring moments when she and Val are together, humor seeps the room when Tabitha talks, oh I remember the penironi again hahaha and the Drag Queen Pageant was so endearing, those were hilarious scenes...She's even different with the other previous heroines because she already knew what the Dark hunters were.

"...you can be known as Val or Babycakes."
His gaze darkened. "My name is Valerius and I will not answer to Val."
She shrugged. "Fine then, Babycakes, have it your way."

Oh Val, I want to marry him lol, oh poo he's already taken:/
Val was introduce in the previous books as rude and mean, he wasn't famous to other dark hunters because he's Roman were most of his brothers in arms were Greeks..and that includes Julian and Kyrian who hated him with a vengeance attach to it, especially the latter since Kyrian was crucified by Val's grandfather who had the same name and looks as him.
I love his vulnerability, that behind those cold facade he is a sensitive and kind and sweet guy, it just shows in a way that you want to reach out to him a give him a pat in the back. For me Val is a strong character,his stoic demeanor on the past books was just his cold exterior because most people blame him to the sins of his ancestors and relatives. He taught me to ignore what people say, insults and all and that I should focus to those who matter to me because they deserve the love and care:_) Val is pure good man.

Unlike most Dark-Hunters, he wasn't a leather-wearing
barbarian. He was the epitome of sophistication. Breeding. Nobility.

Mr. Armani swoon...I can't say anything else about it, just sexy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Again Ash shines his way through out the story, just love that man...its in this book were his through identity was revealed, what's his weakness and triggers him...I'm still emotional towards him whenever he got hurt:(

and then there's Nick...why why why why? may it be fate or free will or Ash's curse that led him to do such horrible thing, I don't know, as Acheron always say Emotions don't have brain. maybe that's what led him but still it was irrevocable and I want to change the past in order for him not to do it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This book is one of the best in the series, the Author made a turning point and it was fantastic how everything change..love love love..I'm going to read it again soon:)

"Life is serious."
"No, Life is an adventure. It's thrilling and
scary. Sometimes it's even a bit boring, but it should never be serious."

These are the books in the series that made me bawling in tears:
[b:Acheron|2299110|Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #15)|Sherrilyn Kenyon|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1312230925s/2299110.jpg|3202442]
[b:Dance with the Devil|84145|Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter, #4; Were-Hunter, #1)|Sherrilyn Kenyon|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1316129440s/84145.jpg|991924]
[b:Devil May Cry|84133|Devil May Cry (Dark-Hunter, #12)|Sherrilyn Kenyon|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1312232269s/84133.jpg|81224]
[b:Seize the Night|84144|Seize the Night (Dark-Hunter, #7)|Sherrilyn Kenyon|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1348418164s/84144.jpg|81234]
some short stories:
[b:Fear the Darkness|3426508|Fear the Darkness (Dark-Hunter Universe #11.5)|Sherrilyn Kenyon|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1257523316s/3426508.jpg|3467347]
[b:A Dark-Hunter Christmas|6875246|A Dark-Hunter Christmas (Dark-Hunter, #3.6)|Sherrilyn Kenyon|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1253067236s/6875246.jpg|7091964]
[b:Second Chances|6875253|Second Chances (Dark-Hunter Universe #8.5)|Sherrilyn Kenyon|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1253067476s/6875253.jpg|7091975]
Enjoy!:)