marielouise

marielouise

Born of Silence - Sherrilyn Kenyon
We can never escape the pain of our pasts, or the flashbacks that assault us when we dare to let our thoughts drift unattended, but we can choose to not let it ruin the future we, alone, can build for ourselves.

"The Broken Ones by Dia Frampton"
♪♫♪ I know they've hurt you bad.
Why hide the scars you have?
Baby let me straighten out your broken bones,
All your faults to me make you more beautiful.

No, you're not alone.
I love the broken ones.

You don't have to drive,
With your headlights off.
It's a pocket knife,
Not a gift from God.
Don't you learn of love from the love they kept.
I will be your anchor slowly,
Step by step.

No you're not alone.
I love the broken ones.

Maybe we can rip off the bandage.
Maybe you will see it for what it is.
Maybe we can burn this building,
Holding you in.

No you're not alone.
♪♫♪

Again I'm speechless...choke in tears and I'm still reeling on what words to say.

It was gut-wrenching,heart breaking and painful to read, emotional to the deepest core.

but at the same time it was Inspiring, Evocative and full of Wisdom.

I sobbed my way through every page, reading it even though I can't see it anymore, the pain was to much to bear, too difficult to swallow and yet too hard to look away. I can't put it down, hoping there's a light at the end of the dark tunnel, thank goodness there was hope.

I admire Darling's character, he'd been through hell and back yet he amaze me with his capacity to care, to love and to sacrifice himself to the people he love dearly even though it will be the death of him, and even though his last shred of humanity was torn through him by the one he loves most, he gave forgiveness.

“We are all the masters of our own decisions. Right or wrong, Stupid or intelligent. Only we are to blame for our missteps and mistakes.”

What happens when the one you love, the one you promise your whole life with, the one you trusted most, the one you want to spend your Forevers..betray you?

What Zarya did was unintentional, but it was callous of her to be a part of the the suffering of Darling even though she didn't know his true identity, she was blinded by her own grief of finding Darling aka Kere as she had know him, with one bad decision she both altered what could have been the best day of their life to become the worst nightmare they can't ever forget.
I'm happy that she works so hard for Darling to trust her again, I love that she'll do anything for Darling, to keep him happy and be loved and then put him first amidst the danger and even though what she did was a total mistake it was already ingrain in both their hearts.

“You are my heaven… And you will always be my eternal hell.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
and my favorite character... he was truly special, one of the best secondary character I've ever read, he's the foundation that glued both Darling and Zarya together, and he's the best friend everyone wants to have with, I for one, I Love my Maris:_)

Darling:“Why couldn’t I be gay? It would be so easy to love you if I were. You’ve always been here for me, Mari. You’ve never hurt me. Not once.”
Maris:Why couldn’t I be what you need?
It was why he’d never been serious about anyone else. How could he? He was in love with his best friend and no one else measured up.

yes that's the truth the fracking truth why Maris and Darling will NEVER be together as a couple, they love each other so much, only that Darling is straight while Maris is not.
they've been together as a kid, always support each other and always protect each other,
without the other, one will crumble.
What truly touched my heart was that Maris will do anything for Darling to be whole again and even to bring Zarya back to his arms, it was an act of genuine love for the sake of his best friend even though it hurts that he cannot be what Darling needed.

“Through thick and thin, we’re brothers to the bitter end. And if
you’re going to hell, buddy, I’m driving the bus.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Monsters can’t be hurt by people... You can only be hurt when you have a heart and monsters don’t have hearts. That’s why they steal them from others.”

This book shatters my heart in every way possible and then picking up the pieces and knitting them whole again with a new found understanding...

“Scars are there to remind us of the price we pay when we learn a vital lesson. Never hide them. Revel in the fact that you’ve grown as a person. Embrace the new found knowledge you learned about yourself.”